- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon no-salt-added chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco or other hot sauce
To freeze the burgers, bake and cool them, then wrap in foil or freezer-safe wrap; unwrap the burgers and reheat them in the microwave, or place them on a parchment-lined pan and bake in a 300°F oven until hot, about 25 minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.