- 1 dozen large eggs
- 4 ounces packaged Spanish chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, more for garnish
- 1/4 cup seeded, finely diced roasted red peppers, such as piquillo
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Fine sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
To prepare the filling, cook chorizo in a cold skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes, until crisp. Meanwhile, add parsley, red peppers, vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard and 2 tablespoons cold water to yolks. Mash to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Use two small spoons to scoop filling into egg white halves. When ready to serve, sprinkle eggs with warm chorizo and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.