- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 pound red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 packed cups (about 4 ounces) baby spinach
- 1 cup thinly sliced roasted red peppers, drained
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat another 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil over medium heat. Transfer potato mixture to the skillet and cook, running a spatula around the edges and gently shaking occasionally to prevent sticking, until eggs are set and bottom is golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes. Carefully invert onto a large plate. Heat remaining oil in the skillet and slide tortilla back in, cooked side up. Cook about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer tortilla back to the plate and let cool at least 10 minutes. Slice into wedges and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.