- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat (1%) milk
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Whisk egg mixture into flour mixture until blended. Stir in cooled spinach mixture just until evenly blended.
In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium-high heat until hot. Drop pancake batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls and cook until golden on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add more oil and adjust heat as needed. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.