- Canola spray oil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat (2%) milk
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove as much liquid as possible
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, nutmeg and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add cooked vegetables, cheese and spinach and mix well. Transfer to prepared pan, spread out evenly and bake until set in the middle and golden brown, about 45 minutes. Let cool 10 or 15 minutes; cut into 24 squares and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.