- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 large (10-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/4 cup green peas (boiled fresh or thawed frozen)
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce or arugula, for serving
Place chicken breast in a small saucepan and add enough water just to cover. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer until chicken is just cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and cool.
Dice chicken and place in a large bowl. Add cashew cream, peas, green onions and dill, and toss to combine. Serve salad on top of lettuce.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.