Spring Peas and Shrimp Stir-Fry with Ginger-Soy Glaze
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 5 tablespoons low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger, divided
- 1 pound extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1/2 pound snow peas, strings removed
- 1/4 pound sugar snap peas, stems snapped off, strings removed
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Toss the shrimp with the salt and sugar in a bowl. Heat a large wok or deep skillet over high heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil and swirl to coat the surface of wok. Add shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until opaque, about 2 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a plate and cover to keep warm.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon peanut oil to wok. Add snow peas, sugar snap peas and green peas and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Move vegetables to the sides of the wok, then add garlic and remaining 1 teaspoon ginger in the center and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Return vegetables to center of wok and toss to combine. Add remaining broth and simmer until peas are tender, 2 more minutes. Transfer contents of wok to a bowl.
Return shrimp to wok and add reserved glaze. Toss to combine. Cover the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Return peas to the wok and toss everything together. Transfer to plates and serve immediately.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.