- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pound green beans or yellow wax beans or a mixture of both, stem ends trimmed
- 2/3 cup lowfat sour cream
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup lightly packed chopped fresh dill
Steam green beans until bright green and crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Immediately cool beans in cold water. Drain and pat dry.
When carrots are cool, add sour cream, mayonnaise, shallot, salt and cayenne to the food processor and process until smooth. Add dill and pulse until combined. Transfer dip to a bowl and serve with green beans for dipping.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.