- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup plus 4 to 6 tablespoons puréed fresh or frozen and thawed strawberries, (from about 1 quart strawberries)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat (2%) milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries for decorating
To make the frosting, sift powdered sugar into remaining 1/4 cup butter in a large bowl. Add enough of the remaining 4 to 6 tablespoons strawberry purée to make a spreadable frosting. Frost cooled cakes, then decorate the top with fresh strawberries just before serving.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.