Strawberry Cream Scones
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh lavender leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 table knives in a scissor motion, cut butter into flour until the size of small peas. Add strawberry-cream mixture and stir together with a fork, just until combined.
Turn dough out onto a floured surface and gently pat into an 8-inch square. Cut into 6 rectangles, then halve each diagonally to make 12 triangles. Transfer wedges to the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside to let cool completely.
In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, lemon juice, lavender and thyme to make a glaze. Spoon evenly over scones, let set for about 30 minutes and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.