- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided, divided
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus a pinch, divided
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small cubes, chilled and cut into small cubes
- 3 cups (about 3/4 pound) blackberries
- 3 cups (about 3/4 pound) raspberries
- 2 cups (about 1/2 pound) blueberries
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon raw or turbinado sugar, divided
- 1 large orange or lemon, Zest of
- 1 tablespoon milk or heavy cream
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Put blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, 1/2 cup of the raw sugar, remaining 1/2 cup flour, zest and a pinch of salt in a large bowl and mash together gently until well combined and juicy but still chunky; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one piece of dough into a 10-inch circle and gently transfer to an 8-inch pie pan. Transfer berry mixture to pie pan; set aside.
Roll out remaining dough into a 10-inch circle and transfer to pie pan, gently draping it over the berry filling. Firmly press the edges together and then trim away excess dough. Pinch or crimp edges as desired and cut 3 slits in the top of the pie to allow steam to escape. Brush crust with milk and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon raw sugar. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 1 hour. Set aside to let cool completely then serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.