- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken, dark or white meat
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen sliced okra
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 3 flatbreads or pita rounds
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Meanwhile, brush flatbreads all over with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet and broil until just toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Remove soup from heat and stir in green onions and basil. Serve with toasted flatbread on the side.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.