- 3 cups chopped summer fruit, such as peeled and pitted peaches or nectarines, strawberries or pitted cherries
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers or ginger snaps
- 2 recipes prepared pie crust (or two rolled out 9-inch crusts)
Working one at a time, spoon some filling into the center of a circle of dough; brush edges with water. Fold over into a half moon and crimp edges to seal. Brush top with heavy cream, sprinkle with cookie crumbs and bake on a large, parchment paper-lined baking sheet until golden brown, about 35 minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.