- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, at room temperature, plus more for the pan
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup dried currants or raisins
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup white sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
In a large bowl, stir together coconut oil, oats, currants, cheese, honey, chia seeds, applesauce, sesame seeds and salt until well incorporated. Transfer to the prepared dish and spread out evenly, pressing down very firmly with the back of a spoon. Bake until deep golden brown and firm, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely and then cut into squares and serve. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.