- 1 large head butter lettuce, leaves torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 sweet yellow onion (1/8 finely chopped, remaining thinly sliced)
- 3 apples, cored and diced
- 3 large navel oranges
- 2 tablespoons white wine or champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 rounds pita bread, cut into wedges and toasted
Remove peel and pith from oranges. Working over a bowl to catch the juices, carefully cut between the membranes to remove the oranges in sections. Reserve juice in bowl and transfer orange sections to bowl with lettuce and spinach.
To the bowl with the reserved orange juice add finely chopped onions, vinegar, mustard and honey and whisk together. Whisking constantly, add oil in a steady stream until blended. Add dressing to bowl with lettuce mixture and toss gently to coat. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately, with pita bread on the side.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.