- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup coarse graham cracker crumbs, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 (12-ounce) sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 (6-ounce) container nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, 3/4 cup of the crumbs, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add sweet potatoes and toss until well coated; set aside.
In a second large bowl, vigorously whisk together butter and yogurt for 30 seconds. Add eggs one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Add flour and sweet potato mixture and fold together until just combined. Spoon batter evenly into muffin tins, sprinkle tops with pecans and remaining 1/4 cup crumbs and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 25 minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.