- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Gala apple, cored and diced
- 1 bunch (about 3/4 pound) Swiss chard, well rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Meanwhile, cut off the stems of the chard and slice them thinly. Chop the leaves. Stir stems and leaves into the skillet along with the bacon, salt and pepper. Pour in 2 tablespoons water; cover the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until chard is tender, about 8 more minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.