Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 1 1/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 3)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 slices seeded rye or whole wheat bread
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
In a medium bowl combine celery, mayonnaise, mustard, onion, almonds, tarragon, lemon juice and pepper and stir to blend. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes, then fold it into the mayonnaise mixture. Arrange 6 slices of bread on a work surface. Divide the chicken salad equally among the bread slices. Top each with a lettuce leaf, slice of tomato and second slice of bread. Cut sandwiches in half and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.