- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 small fennel bulbs, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 leek, white portion only, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 6 (5- to 6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Push vegetables to the side and arrange fish in the skillet, then cover with vegetables. Cover skillet, lower heat to low and simmer until fish is just cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve fish with vegetables and broth spooned over the top.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.