- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon pimentón (smoked paprika)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Canola spray oil
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 8 slices Seeduction™ hearth bread, or your favorite sandwich bread, toasted
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 425°F. In a wide, shallow dish, whisk together liquid aminos, yeast, pimentón and 1 tablespoon water. Arrange tofu in dish, turn to coat well with marinade and set aside for 15 minutes. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and arrange tofu slices about one inch apart in a single layer; spray all over with cooking spray.
Bake, flipping tofu halfway through, until firm and golden brown, about 30 minutes; set aside to let cool. Spread mayonnaise onto 4 bread slices, then top with lettuce, cucumbers, tofu and remaining bread and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.