- 1/4 cup low-sodium tamari
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons hot chile sesame oil
- 1/2 pound dried pad thai-style rice noodles
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (6-ounce) package baked tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, soak noodles in a large bowl of cold water until pliable, about 15 minutes; drain well. Add noodles to boiling water and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 6 minutes. Rinse thoroughly in cold water, drain and transfer to bowl with reserved dressing; toss well.
Add green onions, carrots, cucumber, peppe and tofu and toss gently to combine. Transfer to bowls, top with cilantro and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.