- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free vegetable broth or water
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with their liquid
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or soup pot over medium high heat. Add pepper, onion, jalapeño and corn and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add broth, beans, crumbled tofu, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin and salt and stir well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until thickened and flavors have melded, about 45 minutes. Ladle chili into bowls and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.