- 1 pound extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 lime, Juice of
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- cayenne pepper, Pinch of
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green or red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola or peanut oil, divided
- 4 large whole wheat, spelt or corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salsa, for serving
Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add tofu and stir-fry until browned on all sides, about 2 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to skillet, add peppers and onions and stir-fry over high heat until browned and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add tofu back to the skillet and mix to combine it with the peppers and onions.
Assemble tacos by filling each warm tortilla with the tofu mixture, avocados, cilantro and salsa. Serve immediately.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.