- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices whole grain bread, lightly toasted
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced (plus more for garnish, optional)
- 3 tablespoons minced Kalamata olives (optional)
In a small bowl, use a fork to mash together avocado, lemon juice, basil and olives, if using. On each toast, spread avocado mixture evenly and garnish with additional basil, if desired. Serve soup with avocado toasts on the side.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.