- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame chile oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 6 large lettuce leaves
For the burgers, mix together water chestnuts, hoisin sauce, oil, green onions, garlic, mustard and cilantro in a large bowl. Add turkey and mix together with a fork until just combined. Form turkey mixture into 6 patties.
Spray a large skillet or grill with cooking spray and heat over medium high. Cook burgers, flipping once, until cooked through and golden brown, 6 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer burgers to toasted buns and top with lettuce and relish.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.