- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 8 ounces roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon or more finely chopped habanero pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey, (a mix of light and dark meat is best)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the burgers, prepare a grill for medium-high heat cooking. Combine turkey, eggs, bread crumbs, basil and pepper into a large bowl and mix together well. Shape turkey mixture into 4 patties, then grill, flipping once, until just cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Serve turkey burgers topped with salsa.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.