- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen bell pepper strips
- 1 (6-ounce) package frozen cut okra
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with their liquid
- 1 turkey leg (about 1 pound), skin removed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Hot sauce to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Remove turkey leg, discard bone and then shred meat and return to pot. Stir in rice, salt, pepper and hot sauce and cook about 10 minutes more.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.