- 12 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened plain soymilk
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- grated nutmeg, Pinch of
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
Place soymilk, orange zest and lemon zest in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring frequently, until reduced by half.
Melt margarine over medium heat in sauté pan and add onion. Cook until onion is translucent, 5-7 minutes. Add spinach and cook until most of liquid has evaporated.
Add reduced soymilk to spinach and cook until thickened, stirring occasionally. Season with a pinch of nutmeg and sea salt to taste. Garnish with sliced almonds.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.