- 1/2 cup brown rice flour, plus extra for pressing out the crust
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup no-salt-added cashew butter
- 3/4 cup pitted dates, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes to soften
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 2 tablespoons no-salt-added cashew butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plain almondmilk
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
To make the filling, lower the oven temperature to 350°F. Drain dates from soaking liquid and squeeze out any excess water. Place in the food processor. Add pumpkin purée, cashew butter, almondmilk, nutmeg and flaxseed meal. Purée until well combined and creamy. Pour mixture into crust. Bake until filling browns slightly and is set completely along the edges, about 45 minutes. Cool on a rack for at least 2 hours before slicing.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.