- 8 ounces spelt rotini or other medium pasta shape
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound mixed mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 7 tablespoons sliced almonds, divided
- 2/3 cup plain unsweetened almondmilk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring frequently until browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 more minutes.
Toast 3 tablespoons of the almonds in a small skillet set over medium heat, shaking the pan frequently, until just browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside. In a blender, combine remaining 4 tablespoons untoasted almonds, almondmilk and nutritional yeast; blend until very smooth, about 1 minute.
Drain pasta and add to the skillet along with the almondmilk mixture, pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss until combined and serve sprinkled with parsley and toasted almonds.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.