- 2 1/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, such as porcini, cremini or shiitake, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup Merlot or other spicy red wine
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together tamari, yeast and cornstarch to form a thick paste. Add mixture to the skillet, whisking constantly to make sure paste dissolves. Bring mixture to a boil and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add pepper and serve gravy hot.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.