Vegetable Lo Mein
- 12 ounces lo mein noodles or whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup julienne carrot (2 large)
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery (1-2 stalks)
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
In a wok or a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon canola oil and quickly sauté the ginger, garlic and scallions until they release aroma, then add the carrots, celery and red onions and briefly sauté before adding the bean sprouts, about 2 minutes.
In a separate medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon canola oil and sauté the noodles. When they are hot and look pan-fried or lightly browned, add them to the other sautéed ingredients in the large pan. Add the soy-hoisin mixture and stir to coat. Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.