- 12 large cloves garlic
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plain soymilk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add sweet potato and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain and set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook about 5 minutes or until beginning to brown and stick to the pan. Stir in broth and continue to cook 3 minutes or until very tender, stirring occasionally.
In bowl of a food processor, purée roasted garlic, cooked sweet potatoes, cooked onion, soymilk, cinnamon, cumin and turmeric until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl and fold in basil, parsley and chives.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.