- 1 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Fuji apple, cored, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dried flaked unsweetened coconut, divided
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, oil and vanilla, then add to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Add apples, raisins, carrots, walnuts and 1/4 cup of the coconut and stir gently until well combined.
Spoon batter into 16 paper-lined muffin tins, filling each about 2/3 full. Top evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons coconut and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.