- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted and cooled, divided
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Pour buttermilk mixture into flour mixture, and stir until evenly mixed.
Oil a cast-iron griddle or large nonstick skillet with remaining coconut oil and heat over medium heat until hot. For each pancake, ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle and cook about 5 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Flip and cook 3 to 4 minutes longer, until pancakes are cooked through.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.