- 1 pound whole wheat linguine
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed green peas
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves (from 1 bunch parsley)
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves, or a combination of basil and mint
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnut pieces, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Meanwhile, put peas, parsley, basil, lemon juice and capers into a food processor and pulse to make a coarse paste. With the motor running, add oil in a steady stream. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss hot linguine with reserved 1/2 cup cooking water and pesto. Top with walnuts.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.