- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 (9-inch) frozen pie shell, thawed for about 10 to 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 3/4 pound mixed wild mushrooms (such as chanterelles, hedgehogs and creminis), roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or white wine
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook until soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Add sherry and broth and simmer, stirring often, until liquid has almost evaporated, 6 to 8 minutes more. Stir in crème fraîche and simmer again until liquid has almost evaporated, about 10 minutes.
Transfer contents of skillet to tart pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese over mushroom mixture, arrange pan on a baking sheet and bake until crust is golden and tart is bubbly, 35 to 45 minutes. Set aside to let rest for 10 minutes then cut into slices and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.