- 1 cup wild rice, rinsed
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth or water
- 1 cup pearled barley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add bell pepper, apricots, barley and rice and cook until heated through. Stir in tarragon, salt and pepper and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.