- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 7 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice or wild rice mix
- 2 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Stir in basmati rice, cover and simmer until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes longer. Stir in cranberries, parsley, thyme, and walnuts, cover and cook for 5 minutes more. Season with pepper.
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly oil a 9x13-inch baking dish. Transfer rice mixture to dish and bake until light golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.