- 2 cups frozen Engine 2 Plant-Strong® Organic Wild Rice Blend Grain Medley
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted and unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion or chives
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 medium red, orange and/or yellow bell peppers, tops removed and cores removed
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
In a large bowl, stir together rice blend, apple, sunflower seeds, green onion, nutritional yeast, sage, garlic, chipotle pepper, vinegar and salt until evenly blended.
Fill peppers with rice mixture and place in an 8x8-inch baking dish. Pour broth around peppers in the pan. Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake about 20 minutes or until peppers are tender.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.