Winter Four-Bean Salad
- 1/2 cup dried black lentils, rinsed and picked through
- 1 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
In the same saucepan, add another 2 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil. Add edamame and simmer 5 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and add to the bowl with lentils. Add kidney beans and cannellini beans.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, garlic, thyme, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Stir in parsley and pumpkin seeds; let sit at least 10 minutes for flavors to blend. The salad will keep refrigerated up to 3 days.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.