- 1 lemon
- 2 mandarin oranges, tangerines or blood oranges
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bunch (3/4 pound) Lacinato (or dinosaur) kale, ribs removed, very thinly sliced
- 1 small head radicchio, halved and sliced
- 1 large Belgian endive, halved and sliced
Using a spoon, remove flesh from citrus and place in a blender. Pour in any juice from the baking pan. Add honey, salt and pepper, and blend until smooth, adding a tablespoon of water if the mixture is too thick to blend easily. With the motor running, slowly add remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Place vinaigrette in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add kale and stir until lightly wilted, about 3 minutes. Add radicchio and endive, and toss until coated and warm. Divide among plates and serve warm or at room temperature.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.