Winter Squash Crostini
- 1 small butternut squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 1/2 cup chopped shallots (about 4 large shallots)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 baguette, cut crosswise into (1/3-inch) thick slices
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- Canola spray oil
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots, salt and pepper and cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, brush bread all over with oil, arrange on a large baking sheet in a single layer and toast in the oven, flipping halfway through, until just golden and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes total.
Add shallots and almond butter to food processor with squash and purée until smooth. Spread over warm crostini and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.