- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups dried yellow split peas
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
Uncover and continue to simmer 15 minutes. Carefully purée soup with a hand held immersion blender or in batches in a blender until smooth and creamy. Garnish with pumpkin seeds.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.