- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon diced dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon diced dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon toasted bran
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Add the oats, cranberries, apricots, sunflower seeds, orange zest and bran and mix to combine.
In another bowl combine the yogurt, honey, vanilla, butter and eggs and stir until the ingredients are well blended. Pour the yogurt mixture into the dry ingredients and stir to mix, just until all ingredients are incorporated. Take care not to overmix.
Fill muffin cups two-thirds of the way with batter. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.