- 1 1/2 cup dried adzuki beans
- 1/4 cup arame sea vegetable
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- pinch crushed red chile flakes
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
Drain beans and put in a large pot with 8 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until tender, 45 to 60 minutes. Drain and rinse gently under cold water. Set aside to let cool completely. Meanwhile, soak arame in cold water for 15 minutes; drain and rinse well.
Combine oils, ginger, garlic, basil, vinegar, chile flakes, tamari and lime juice in a large bowl and whisk to make a dressing. Add cooled beans, arame, green onions and carrots and toss gently to combine.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.