For a sweet touch, substitute candied pecans or walnuts for the pine nuts in this salad.
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 2 small fennel bulbs, thinly sliced thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ounce Parmigiano Reggiano
In a large salad bowl, combine arugula, fennel, red pepper and pine nuts. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, zest, garlic, olive oil and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss well. Shave Parmigiano Reggiano over top and serve.
Per serving: 200 calories (130 from fat), 15g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 14g carbohydrates (8g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 4g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service