This flavorful vegetarian side dish hits the spot all year round and pairs perfectly with grilled or roasted meats and fish. Grill the asparagus in the summer or roast it in the winter, if you like.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus washed, tough ends snapped off
Whisk together ginger, orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil until an emulsion forms. Set aside.
Steam asparagus until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drizzle vinaigrette over warm asparagus and serve.
Per serving: 120 calories (90 from fat), 11g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 6g carbohydrates (3g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 3g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service