Adding ground flaxseed offers a healthful boost of omega-3 fatty acids and fiber plus texuture.
- 1 fresh or frozen banana peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 6 ounces nonfat plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup skim milk or unsweetened soymilk, ricemilk or almondmilk
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or to taste
- 1/2 cup ice cubes (optional)
Combine the banana, blueberries, milk, flaxseed, agave and ice in a blender, and purée until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
Per serving: 200 calories (40 from fat), 4.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 36g carbohydrates (6g dietary fiber, 23g sugar), 10g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service