A potato cake, flavored with caramelized onions and collard greens, is the base for each towering breakfast stack, completed with a sausage patty and an egg.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt divided
- 1 3/4 cup mashed potatoes or mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package frozen 365 Everyday Value Collard Greens thawed, drained and squeezed to remove excess water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 patties Wellshire frozen breakfast sausage prepared according to package instructions
- 4 eggs fried or poached
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Combine in a bowl with potatoes, greens, pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and then shape into 4 (4-inch) patties. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium heat and cook patties, carefully flipping once, until golden brown and hot throughout, about 10 minutes. Transfer to plates, top with sausage and eggs and serve.
Per serving: 340 calories (190 from fat), 21g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 220mg cholesterol, 920mg sodium, 21g carbohydrates (4g dietary fiber, 7g sugar), 18g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service